Happy November everyone! I hope your month has started off well.
I wanted to let you know all of the new things going on here at PTS and send out a little LOVE.
New This Month
This last month A LOT happened, so I wanted to let you know what is new:
* A relaunched website, complete with a slideshow that tells you the hottest articles, as well as an Introduction to Cloth Diapering video to greet newbies as they come to the site.
* A Retailer Database that allows you to search and see who carries what diapers and compare their shipping costs, locations, specials, and much more.
* Interactive Tables: These allow you to compare statistics how diapers measure up against one another based on how they worked with different baby characteristics (chunky baby, skinny baby, heavy wetter, etc). You can also sort the diapers by performance (fit, absorbency, trimness, night use, etc). Statistics are based on survey responses. You can also search the interactive tables to see a particular diaper you are looking for.I will continue to update these statistics regularly.
* Articles: I made this part of the site much better on the eyes. Quickly spot a topic you want to check out (like my newborn diaper rankings).
* 2011 Diaper Awards: This month, Padded Tush Stats announced the 2011 Diaper Awards. Categories include:
- Best Diaper
- Best Retailer
- Best Cloth Diaper Resource
- Best Cloth Diapering Accessory
Have you voted yet? Head on over to here to vote!
* Washing Diapers Survey: Back in January of 2011, we released the first version of the Washing Diapers survey, which asked open-ended questions about your washing routine. I have sifted through those responses and created questions intended to target what detergents work well on different water types. I will use the findings to create a detergent table, where you can see statistics on how different detergents work on different water types, machine types, etc. And that is just the beginning of what will happen with all of this useful information. If you haven’t filled it out yet, head on over here. I will keep the survey open even after I create the database tables.
What We Learned This Month
Thirsties Duo Diapers performed best for babies with chunky thighs.People like the double leg gussets and the fact that the insert agitates itself out in the wash. People did complain of an odd fit up front and the weak Aplix closures.
The GroVia AI2/Hybrid Diaper System performed best for babies with skinny thighs, but did not perform as well with chunkier babies. Many respondents were impressed with the fit, and that it was a diaper that was liked by cloth diapering skeptics. The diaper did receive lower scores for nap and night use.
The FuzziBunz One Size diaper performed best with chunky babies, but did not perform as well for babies with skinny thighs.People were very impressed with the elastic adjustment system, and the ability to easily replace the elastic is a big plus.
New Reviews This Month
New Surveys This Month
You can go here to fill out the surveys.
Washing Diapers Survey
FuzziBunz Elite One Size Pocket Diaper
Diaper Rite One Size Pocket Diaper
GoGreen Champ 2.0 One Size Pocket Diaper
Monkey Doodlez Tuck and Go
Cloth Diaper Retailers
Beco Butterfly 2 Baby Carrier
Beco Gemini Baby Carrier
Ergo Original Baby Carrier
Padded Tush Stats would not be able to operate without the contributions of some great sponsors. These are companies that I have worked with and have a great respect for. Please send them some love and tell them I sent you:
AppleCheeks Diapers: I LOVE these diapers. I am a huge fan of the softness of their inserts. I also like that the insert agitates out in the wash. This last month they announced the One-Size Stay-Dry Microterry Inserts and the Lake Echo (black) diaper! I just got my inserts in the mail and they are SO soft (review to come).
Softbums:These are one of my most used diapers in my stash. I love that the inserts can easily snap in and out so I get lots of uses out of the diaper.
Butterflygirlms Rambles On: I love the web designs that Heather does. She is what makes this site pretty.
Green Diaper Demos: This is such a great company. The owner is a PRO at all cloth diapering issues. She also has a fantastic trial program for checking out a variety of diapers. For the entire month of November they will be offering gifts with purchases. Orders under $50.00 will receive a mystery gift while orders over $50.00 will receive a free diaper. No code necessary.
Sew Crafty Baby:This is a great company. The owner is honest and helpful. You get free US shipping on all orders and there is almost always a great deal on the Facebook page. Use the code ”dsmama is 5% ” to get 5% off your order
New sponsors this month include:
Wild Mountain Mommies: Love the designs on these diapers. I have a CUTE SuperMan diaper. The owner is great to work with and she cares about her products.
Dearest Diapers: This company is a newer company and I recently had the opportunity to check out the headquarters. The owner is so kind and it is neat to see the selection she has to offer. She has some fun sales and deals (just this week she had BINGO on her Facebook page to win great discounts).
Kissed By The Moon: This company has a neat selection of stuff and often has deals and giveaways. When I needed a diaper to film, I got it within 48 hours. I am BLOWN AWAY by how many sales and specials she has going on. Check out the Facebook page to stay on top of it all.
Bum Covered Diapers: I really like the selection at this store. I also find that the owners respond very quickly to my emails (which is a huge plus, if you ask me). From Nov. 4th-18th they will be running a $1 shipping special! Every order fromwww.bumcovereddiapers.com will ship for just $1. Also, they’re running a special to jumpstart business at their newly-opened Etsy shop: use code FREESHIP11 to get free shipping in November through the Etsy store
Megaroo’s Designs: When I first heard about this product, I instantly thought GENIUS. I don’t know about you guys, but I can hardly get my prefolds to fit around the tummy. Their extended tab prefolds help do the trick! Padded Tush Stats followers get a 10% discount this month if you use “paddedtush” as a discount code when you check out.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Check out this page for more information.
So that’s it everyone. I hope you enjoy the site this month. Let me know if you have any suggestions, or maybe just drop a line and tell me how the site has helped you. I appreciate you guys SO MUCH.